Saturday, December 31, 2011

Spring / Summer 2012 Fashion Trends


There's a tennis ball going back and forth in my head, thinking of whether I should revamp my wardrobe or stay frugal  by mixing, matching, redesigning my clothes. Since I intend to earn and save more this coming new year so I can devote more funds to my crafts and soaps, I think I'll do the latter. On special occasions when I feel like I've accomplished a lot of my goals, then perhaps I can reward myself by buying new clothes. (^_^)

I've been looking at some fashion blogs to learn what the hottest trends will be this coming new year and I see a lot of posts about Spring / Summer 2012. 

Basically, I see a lot of clear, bright, and warm colors contrasted by  cool and refreshing hyacinth and tiffany blue, while sandstone and honey give the neutrality it needs from all the vibrancy. 



Knowing myself, I naturally don't have any favorite colors or hues. My fashion and color interest vary depending on my mood, but they do revolve around one principle --- being stylishly frugal.  Looking at this color reference, at least I can better organize my clothes and see what will go with what.

Just last night, when we went to Red Kimono for some vegan dinner, I wore my geranium silk ruffled blouse which I paired with a brown ruffled mini skirt and shiny brown heels. The previous week, I was wearing  a simple casual getup in color grass. These ensembles are quite earthy in tone and I think they're a start. 



Peter got it all right when he wore his orangeade North Face hoodie one time. LOL. 


Here's a collage of must-have colors for Spring 2012 for easier reference.












May you have fashionable and colorful New Year! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails