Saturday, June 12, 2010

ColorImpact 52-pc Eyeshadow and Blush Set


My Aunt recently had some stuff brought from the US and this 52-pc ColorImpact Eyeshadow and Blush Cosmetic Palette is one of them. It's been a while since I got makeup from my relatives overseas. The last one was when Popsy bought me 2 Estee Lauder Blush and Eyeshadow sets and I'm still using them until now. So I guess this ColorImpact makeup package came just right on time.

The truth is, I'm not a makeup kind of girl. Sure, I wear them whenever I go out even when we go to the beach, but I'm not inclined to spend a fortune on makeup because truth be told, they're all the same to me. And actually, chemically speaking, most of them are.

Look at the ingredients of this ColorImpact package I got and compare it what you have.


Eyeshadow contains:

Talc, Mica, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Magnesium, Stearate, Vitamin E. May also contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Gree, Ultramarines, FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake, Pearl Powder.

Blush contains:

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Magnesium, Stearate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Vitamin E. May also contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, D&C Red No. 7 Calcium Lake, FD&C Yellow No. 6 Almuminum Lake, Pearl Powder.

Even between the blush and the eyeshadow, there's really not much difference in the ingredients.


I went through that stage back in college when I tried all the popular and often more expensive imported brands
(Maybelline, Cover Girl, Neutrogena, Max Factor, etc.) but all I got in return were tons of pimples and acne plus a huge hole in my pocket. It's understandable, I was just a college kid with no money of my own, and raging hormones to boot. But still, it taught me a sensible lesson which is --- if you're beautiful, you don't really need that much makeup on. Just enough to cover the blemishes and highlight your facial features.

Now, if you're not so pleasant to look at, then I guess it's time to cover yourself with these kinds of stuff. Look at Tyra Banks. For me, she's hideous without makeup. I mean, I like her personality and what she's accomplished in her life, but objectively speaking, for me, she is ugly without makeup on. And my hubby, Peter, thinks so too. ^_^

I know I'm being very blunt here, but it's just how I see makeup. Maybe I'll change my mind when I start having ugly wrinkles and a makeup set that will cover all that. Otherwise, buying a pretty makeup package out of my own pocket can be a waste of money. I remember one time, Popsy bought me this very gorgeous makeup set from the US complete with lipstick, blush, eyeshadow, pencils, etc... You know what I did? I gave them to my friend Liza who is now studying makeup. At least, it didn't go to waste. ^_^

Anyway, I'll try this on my face when I go out some time soon and tell you all about it. Let's see if it does its job of making me MORE beautiful (
This is what I call self-confidence). Ciao for now! ^_^







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails