Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Footwear: Nike, Ryka, and Rider

I haven't had the time to have the soles of my Nike Shox rubber shoes (which was given to me in 2006 by Nike) repaired so since we were in Subic last Saturday, we went to Duty Free to look at shoes. Peter and I bought a few pairs we both liked. Who knew that come Sunday, I would again buy shoes from Janilyn? Teehee. ^_^

Peter's Nike shoes


In our family, I was never the brand conscious type. Maybe this is why advertising never really worked for me. Hehehe. I never get affected by ads and I don't really care what most people prefer. I have my own, unique, and weird taste most of the time. It's my sister who cares about buying expensive and branded stuff. I guess I just learned to value my money the hard way so as long as my stuff are pretty and sturdy, then I really don't care about the brand.

But thanks to my hubby and my girlfriend Ninette, they sales talked me into buying my Ryka sneakers which Peter said is a very good brand in the US, and my Rider rubber slippers which is even better than Crocs. They looked pretty heavy duty too. And since they were on sale (Ryka was around Php2000 and Rider was priced at P1116), I went ahead and bought them. My Rider slippers will be my official beach foot wear (Goodbye easily breakable Havaianas!!!) and my Ryka will be my jogging and biking shoes. I hope they both last longer than my Nike. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails