Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston's Death at 48


The passing away of Whitney Houston at the young age of 48 was such a terrible news. I am not a huge fan per se, as I was not as devastated as I was when Michael Jackson passed away in 2009 (and mourned his death to the point that I got depressed and totally forgot about my husband's birthday for 2 years), but I was shocked nonetheless with Whitney Houston's sudden death. It was her 80's hit songs "How Will I Know", "Saving All My Love For You", "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" and "Didn't She Almost Have It All" that lulled me to sleep when my then boyfriend (now husband) broke up with me in 2001. Her movie, The Bodyguard is one of my ultimate favorites. And her voice... oooh her golden voice... is just simply incomparable. 

She was supposed to attend the Grammy's and then this happened.  It's just so sad seeing a uniquely talented lady of her caliber die so soon. My condolences to her family, friends and dear loved ones.  :(



 
To this day, every time I hear Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know", I feel "kilig", giddy, excited and "in love" all at the same time. Maybe it's the conditioning I had growing up. 80's was the time I started liking boys and this song kept playing over the radio. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails