Friday, May 20, 2011

Bringing NIVEA SUN to My Windsurfing @ Lake Caliraya


I told you before on My Rated K interview post that I’d be using NIVEA SUN products when I go windsurfing. And I did. I finally windsurfed again last weekend after more than a year (the last time was also in Lake Caliraya Surf Kamp in 2010) and thanks to NIVEA SUN  Moisturizing lotion with SPF 50 PA++ I didn’t get burnt at all. After three hours of continuous exposure under the extreme heat of the summer sun from 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm, my skin is still the same color. 


I’m sure you all know how hot it has become this summer. I think it’s 10x hotter than the previous year and being under the sun has become more scary. But I don’t let that affect me. Being the sexy nomad that I am, I have to have my fun under the sun! So, whenever I’d do any water sports activity, whether surfing, snorkeling, windsurfing, wakeboarding, kayaking, etc., I’d always use one of my rashguards. But this alone does not protect me from the sun’s harmful UV rays. It’s really a blessing I have NIVEA SUN  Moisturizing lotion with SPF 50 PA++ both for the body and the face, plus NIVEA SUN Moisturizing After Sun Spray. These products help protect my skin from the sun’s  extreme summer heat and keep it hydrated, supple, soft and nice. I’ve actually proven this last weekend.
Before my windsurfing activity, this was how I looked:
Then I was under the sun’s heat while windsurfing from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
There were times the wind condition was so unpredictable that I couldn’t even catch some some so my board can move. I was stuck and fully exposed under the sun’s UV rays.
After windsurfing all afternoon, this was how I looked:
Before, I would be as dark as or even darker than my husband. But not anymore! ^_^
In the past, I’d  easily get super tanned and sunburnt after an hour under the sun. You should see my 2009 Boracay posts. I was burnt to a crisp! Well,  this is no longer the case. Perhaps it’s because I am now more cautious and wary about products that say they can protect me 100% or do so all day. The real secret to maximum sun protection is the right and frequent application of sunblock. What I do is apply it to my entire body, especially the exposed ones. After I swim or towel off, I apply again. To know that I’m doing the application right, I just put a thick line of Nivea sunblock lotion from the tip of my middle finger all the way to the end of my palm. This amount would be enough to protect one body region. You can do the same.
There are actually 11 body regions that need to be applied with sunblock when exposed under the sun.These are:
  1. head and neck including the scalp (for bald people), earlobes and lips
  2. right arm
  3. left arm
  4. breasts
  5. stomach area
  6. front right leg
  7. front left leg
  8. backside of right leg
  9. backside of left leg
  10. upper back
  11. lower back
Just a tip for those using the NIVEA SUN Invisible Protection, you must spray each region 15 times for maximum protection. I used a few bottles summer of 2010 and I still got a few ml left.
Because of NIVEA SUN, I also learned that SPF30 can already protect us from 96% of the sun’s harmful rays. SPF50 on the other hand, can give 98% protection. Those products that have SPF beyond 50 really doesn’t offer any more protection than that of SPF50. The best thing to do would be to avoid direct sun exposure especially for kids and babies. For those children with extra-sensitive skin, use NIVEA SUN’s Swim and Play lotion which is especially-formulated, easily-absorbed and with extra waterproof and with high SPF.
With NIVEA SUN, we no longer have to wait for 15 minutes to wait for the lotion to get absorbed by our skin. I, for one, don’t like wasting time especially when I’m being billed for a water sports activity, like windsurfing, by the hour. As soon as I applied my NIVEA SUN SPF lotion, I immediately hopped on my board and windsurfed the afternoon away. 
I recently got samples of other NIVEA products like their NIVEA VISAGE Sparkling White UV Blocker and Pure & Natural. I’ve started using them and will put them to maximum use this weekend when I visit Magalawa Island in Zambales. I’ll tell you how these NIVEA skin products fare when I return. Happy weekend, folks! 
~~~oOo~~~
To get more tips on how to use SPF, go to SPF Advisor orwww.nivea.ph/Experience/sun-care.
Visit Nivea’s FB pages to get more details about their promos this summer: NIVEAforWomenPH | NIVEAforMenPH
To read the complete blog post about my windsurfing adventure, please go here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails