Thursday, August 4, 2011

Claudine Barretto - Raymart Split: True?


Please know that celebrities seldom catch my attention unless they're from Hollywood or wearing something I consider fabulous. So, this is the first time that I am going to write about a Filipino celebrity and I'm glad it's about Claudine Barretto.

Even before I liked Jolina Magdangal and went crazy over ANG TV during my high school days in Cagayan de Oro, I've always liked Claudine Barretto. Even when I started hearing bad rumors about her like the drug addiction, the abortions, getting linked with different men, I still like her as an actress. I've probably watched all her past movies and teleseryes but I was never the type of fan to really go all the way.

I've seen her a couple of times in person (first time was in Lourdes High School when I was a freshman; one time in Eastwood while Peter and I were shopping; and at other times when I was still doing bit roles on TV and I'd catch a glimpse of her on location or inside ABS-CBN compound) but I didn't really go out of my way to have a photo taken with her. Not even an autograph. Yep, I'm a weird fan. Nevertheless, Claudine, as an actress and TV personality, has always been lovely in my eyes despite the fact that she turned down one of my schoolmates in college, Tony Lambino. Anyway, why am I writing about her now?

It all started yesterday. Peter and I were bringing my cousin to the bus station. On the way there, we stopped at 7-11 for my cousin to buy some cellphone load. I got out of the car, went inside and looked at some of the magazines on the stand. A copy of Star Studio grabbed my attention, particularly about her rumored split with Raymart Santiago.

I haven't been following Pinoy showbiz for a long time now but I suddenly felt sad for her. Is it really true? I wasn't able to grab a copy since we were in a hurry and I didn't want to spend Php100 on a gossip magazine. Instead, I started googling about her and from what I'm reading, these are all just bad rumors. I'm not sure if they're fabricated to help rebuild her stellar career, or if some of these things are even remotely true. Whatever the case, I pray for Claudine's peace of mind and future success in all her endeavors. It's good that she has TV projects now and that she has reconciled with her sister Gretchen. More power to you, Claudine! Just focus on your career and don't let all these negative things get to you.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, jen! I don't recall claudine coming to our high school, did she really? Where was i, absent?! Haha. We all rarely miss school days when artistas visit our school. Remember when Gary V and the Maneouvers came? And that Granny Goose Character from the chips, there was an artista with her, too.. The good ol' days! How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jade! I'm so glad to see you here. Yah, Claudine visited Lourdes when we were in first year. She was wearing a pair of orange pants and puffy cream polo shirt... o diba I remember pa? I can't remember Gary V though... must be selective memory haha! But I did watch an ANG TV concert and I got to sing with Jane of Ang TV. Those were the days! :-)

    I'm doing great naman! Looks like you're enjoying your life too being a mommy and all. Keep in touch Jade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan Leslie Levita-LatizaAugust 4, 2011 at 9:00 AM

    Hi girls! Yup I remember so distinctly those artista visits! I think Claudine came to our school in my sophomore year (freshman kayo) to promote Whisper. And boy who could ever forget Gary V? Woooow that was one long flag ceremony we had :).

    Jen, you definitely were absent if you could not remember that day. It was one heck of a mini concert :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah.. Whisper... you're right Jan. :)

    OMG!!! I can't believe I didn't come to school for that! Waaahhh! Tsk tsk tsk. I really have no freaking memory of Gary V. in school! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails