Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fashion in the Medical World

The past few days that I have been "noisy" in my head, I thought about career opportunities in the past that I had let go of. Others I tried (like teaching for instance, when I became a preschool teacher after I graduated), while others I have simply said no to after much deliberation. One of the latter is being a doctor. Few people know this. I actually took the NMAT when I was in college together with my then boyfriend, Chris. I even scored higher than him in the test but after much thought, and after my grandfather said no to supporting me with such a long and expensive course, I just simply gave up too. Then a few years back, my father-in-law suggested that I take a nursing course since it was highly in demand at that time and he predicted it would be for several more years. Again, I said no. Not just because I am not fond of blood, but because I found medical uniforms quite boring.

If I know then what I know now, I'm sure I would've changed my mind. Because now, I've been seeing a lot of doctors and nurses wearing scrubs and uniforms that seemed to be tailor fit for them and it's not just on TV with all those exciting medical dramas. Scrub clothing and medical uniforms are now colorful too, with matching jackets, lab coats, shirts, hats and other accessories including fabulous beaded necklaces and earrings which I love! I found out all about these things at http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrubs/Scrubs-for-Women/. Isn't this simply awesome?
I wonder if it's too late for me to take a medical course. True, I'm academically lazy nowadays. I don't think I'll last half a decade studying about medicine. But perhaps, being a nurse or nursing assistant would do? I have to give this a lot of thought for now and it shouldn't just be based on these fabulous scrubs that medical personnel wear these days. But at least, it's a plus, right? ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails