Monday, March 21, 2011

Trying to Break Away From My Usual Fashion Mode

I'll be going to Boracay soon to experience the island life for six weeks so I've been trying as best I can to wear those new heels I bought from People are People a couple of weeks back, even if it's just going on a simple movie date with my hubby.


If you've noticed, I am the typical "terno" kind of gal. I like wearing matching bags and shoes, matching top and bottom, matching everything, color-wise that is. However, lately, I've been reading that this kind of fashion is out and wearing innovative color combination and mixing weird patterns are in. Somehow I always end up wearing something that matches in a so-called old fashion kind of way. Usually I don't really care. It's my body, my comfort, my style. I think I look good and for me, this kind of healthy appreciation for one's own sense of style is what really matters. But on these two particular weekends...





I tried to break out from my usual fashion mode just to see if I'll find it comfortable and sexy. But as I didn't have enough time to explore this new territory, for now at least, I ended up with something doable like wearing tan heels that I think went pretty well with my fuchsia blouse from Kirin-Kirin, gray pinstriped shorts that I used to sell before and puffy blazer from Landmark. On another occasion I wore my red heels with a yellow tube top from Bench under a black cardigan sweater and black shorts from Landmark. In the end, I still ended up wearing something that semi-matches, color-wise. Oh well. It's a start. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Jen! I love the second attire! And I adore the tan shoes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter hated that attire but I stuck with it. Haha! Glad you liked it, Koryn. I kind of liked it better than the first one too. It's more experimental. I think that's why I wore that attire for almost 24 hours, from the time you got here at home at 2-3am til 11pm that evening. Hehe. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Share This Post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails